Final Thoughts and Conclusions
The Dark Power Pro 11 Series is currently be quiet!’s top-tier offering and includes six models ranging from 550W up to 1200W. The 750W model we tested certainly impressed us. Along with delivering high-end performance the Dark Power Pro 11 continues to be one of the quietest power supplies we have tested to date!
The PSU delivered excellent voltage regulation (±2%) with low AC ripple and noise on the DC outputs. Efficiency was also excellent and the power supply easily met the requirements for 80 Plus Platinum certification, which along with be quiet!’s 135mm SilentWings3 fan resulted in virtually silent operation at low to mid power levels. The Dark Power Pro 11 750W PSU comes with an excellent bundle of modular cables. The main 24-pin ATX power cable is fixed (as it should be in my opinion – not like its optional and we won’t use it).
The power supply also permits connecting up to four case fans, which will then follow the same fan speed profile as the power supply fan. The Dark Power Pro 11 comes with an “overclocking” feature that can be used to switch from multi-rail operation to single-rail mode on the +12V outputs.
The Dark Power Pro 11 750W power supply is currently available and selling for $159.90 USD (newegg.com, June 2016), which makes this unit relatively expensive compared to the competition (Seasonic, EVGA, Corsair, etc.).
• Very quiet operation, virtually silent at low to mid-power levels
• 80 PLUS Platinum certified (90~93% efficiency at 20-100% load)
• Excellent voltage regulation (±2%) with low AC ripple and noise
• PSU can control up to four case fans
• “Overclocking” feature allows selecting single-rail +12V operation
• NVIDIA SLI Ready and AMD CrossFireX certifications
• Very good assortment of modular cables
• Active Power Factor correction (0.99) with Universal AC input
• Safety Protections : OCP, OVP, UVP, SCP, OTP, and OPP
• Available in: 550W, 650W, 750W, 850W, 1000W and 1200W
• Relatively expensive compared to other enthusiast grade 750W PSUs
Dark Power Pro 11 750W Power Supply
Our thanks to be quiet! for sending us the DP-11 750W PSU to review.