Relic was showing off what DoW III will look like in the usual E3 tradition, with an enhanced 'game play' video. Heroes are somewhat different than in the previous game, instead of leading a squad they operate on their own, however Gabriel does have an impressive upgrade to his Thunder Hammer. Also featured is something which is totally not a warjack; an Imperial Knight which is a scaled down Titan with a single pilot. Generally found guarding Ag. worlds they are the first of the Super Units to be revealed. Heroes will be Elite Units, faster but somewhat squishier than Super Units which will be much slower, vulnerable to anti-vehicle attacks but able to shrug off most other attacks. They can be chosen at the beginning of a mission and then deployed with Elite Points which you gain during the mission. The quotes over at Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN don't have a lot of detail about how the game will play but the video sure is pretty.
"For the benefit of good warboys and wargirls, here’s the not-really-gameplay-despite-what-Relic-say look at a grizzled Gabriel Angelos duffing up some Eldar with the help of his Space Marine chums and a 14-metre mech named Imperial Knight Solaria"
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Map Modes, Nomads & Wargoals: Stellaris Patch @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- It’s All Relative – An In-depth Look At Paradox’s Stellaris @ Techgage
- Fallout 4’s Contraptions Workshop DLC Released @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Homefront: The Revolution Tweaking Guide @ OCC
- Civilization VI Trailer Demonstrates Unstacked Cities @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Ars’ favorite games of E3: From dueling VR wizards to calm underwater dives @ Ars Technica
- Best Total War: Warhammer Mods @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Humble 25th Anniversary Sonic the Hedgehog Bundle launched @ HEXUS
- Frags For The Memories: Quake Is Twenty Today @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN