Router firmware upgrades should be arriving soon to upgrade you to 802.11ac Wave 2. You may get support for MU-MIMO after upgrading and the new version could well double your bandwidth. It should also have less interference as it will make more use of the 5GHz channel and it will also include a new 160MHz channel. Keep an eye on your router manufacturers website and pop by The Inquirer for more information on the new standard.
"YOUR WIFI could be about to get a whole bunch faster as a new improved version of the current 802.11ac standard is coming to a router near you."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Distribution Release: Linux Mint 18 @ Linux.com
- The problem with Canada? The price of broadband is too damn high @ The Register
- Qualcomm's Snapdragon 820 CPU now supports Google's Tango AR platform @ The Inquirer
- Trans-Pacific FASTER fibre fires first photons, finally @ The Register
- Google OnHub Router of the Future @ Hardware Secrets