The System Shock reboot kicks off today in the usual place for such things and a pre-alpha demo has appeared on Steam, GOG and the Humble Store. Chris Avellone will be a part of the project, along with several members of the Fallout New Vegas team and as mentioned, Terri Brosius will be reprising her role as SHODAN. The $900K goal is halfway finished already but it will take $1.7M before the real game can be realized with ammo types, RPG elements and other fun things such as dismemberment. You can take a peek at the gameplay over at Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN before you grab the free demo, if you so desire.
"A modern take on System Shock, a faithful reboot; it’s not Citadel Station as it was, but as you remember it. Many improvements, overhauls and changes are being implemented to capture the spirit of what the original game was trying to convey, and bring it to contemporary gamers."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Colour & Chaos: Exploring The Art And Mechanics Of Warhammer 40,000 Dawn Of War III @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Xbox Fitness users will soon lose access to workout videos they bought @ Ars Technica
- Enderal, A Skyrim Total Conversion Mod, Due Next Month @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Battlefield 4 gets a new user interface @ HEXUS
- 8 Years On, New Sins Of A Solar Empire DLC @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Hands On: Shadow Warrior 2 Is Like First-Person Diablo @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN