With Computex behind us it is time to catch up on all the reviews which were launched during the show, including [H]ard|OCP's review of the GTX 1070 Founders Edition. Their testing was done using an NVIDIA provided driver, GeForce 368.19 the same one which Ryan used in his review. They did not have a chance to delve into overclocking or utilizing the new power settings. From their testing they concluded the GTX 1070 is a great upgrade for those using a vanilla GTX 980 or R9 390X, while the card performs faster than a R9 Fury X or GTX 980 Ti the jump is not quite enough to recommend dumping it for anything less than a GTX1080.
"In our review of the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Founders Edition video card we will explore the price competitive performance and find out what kind of gameplay advantage the new GeForce GTX 1070 Founders Edition offers over the previous generation cards. We compare both the GTX 980 and Radeon R9 Fury GPUs to the new GTX 1070"
Here are some more Graphics Card articles from around the web:
- Asus Republic Of Gamers Strix GTX 1080 Aura RGB OC @ Kitguru
- Nvidia GTX 1070 Founders Edition @ Kitguru
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Overclocking & Best Playable Settings At 4K & Ultrawide @ Techgage
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Overclocking Review @ OCC
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 On Linux: OpenGL, OpenCL, Vulkan Performance @ Phoronix
- Performance & Perf-Per-Watt From NVIDIA's GeForce 9800GTX To GTX 1080 @ Phoronix
- OpenGL Performance & Perf-Per-Watt From The Radeon HD 3850 Through R9 Fury @ Phoronix