AMD, 2K and Firaxis Games have been working together to bring the newest DX12 features to Civilization IV and today they have announced their success. The new game will incorporate Asynchronous Compute in the engine as well as support for Explicit Multi-Adapter for those with multiple GPUs. This should give AMD cards a significant performance boost when running the game, at least until NVIDIA can catch up with their support for the new technologies … HairWorks is not going to have much as effect on your units as Async Compute will.
"Complete with support for advanced DirectX 12 features like asynchronous compute and explicit multi-adapter, PC gamers the world over will be treated to a high-performance and highly-parallelized game engine perfectly suited to sprawling, complex civilizations."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Battlefield 1’s New Medic Class Will Revive & Retaliate @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Rise of the Tomb Raider gets improved DX12 multi-GPU support @ HEXUS
- Wot I Think: INSIDE @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Support Sniper Ana Will be Overwatch's First New Hero @ GiantBomb
- Sega Acquire Amplitude, Will Publish Endless Space 2 @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- hostbusters (2016) @ Polygon
- Long War Studios Release New XCOM 2 Mods @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN