Gigabyte's 17" laptop contains some decent hardware although the GPU is somewhat questionable; with that much room inside they still opted to go with a GTX 970M and one with only 3GB of available VRAM. On the other hand the i7-6700HQ is a strong choice, paired with 16GB of Crucial DDR4-2133, storage is handled by a 256GB LiteOn SATA SSD and a 1TB Hitachi HDD. The screen is a 1080p panel and while the NVIDIA card can handle upscaling on some games, The Tech Report saw performance drops on many intense games when using that feature. Check out more details in their full review.
"17" laptops have long been maligned for their bulk, but the onward march of technology means one can now get a big machine like Gigabyte's P57W that's slim and trim. We put this large laptop to the test to see whether gamers on the go should go big."
Here are some more Mobile articles from around the web:
More Mobile Articles
- Asus ROG GX700 Watercooled Laptop @ Kitguru
- Dell Latitude 13 7370 Ultrabook @ Kitguru
- Samsung Galaxy J Series @ TechARP
- OnePlus 3 review: A great $400 phone you can actually buy @ Ars Technica
- TP-LINK Neffos C5 Smartphone @ TechARP
- GELID ZenTree USB Charging Station @ TechARP