Managing mobile devices in an enterprise environment is a nightmare, even with properly set up security polices and some sort of Mobile Device Manager. Security firm Skycure recently estimated one in every 200 devices is infected with some form of malware, which seems a bit low especially considering that some the devices tested had 290 apps installed. Infections of Android devices are most common but do not think for a moment that your iOS device is safe, it may only be half as likely to be compromised but it does indeed have serious vulnerabilities as well. Drop by The Register for a look at the numbers of bad apps on various stores.
"Researchers found enterprises have three unique infection instances with devices sporting an eye-watering average of 290 apps a piece."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- A flexible nanoparticle sheet makes quantum dots brighter @ Nanotechweb
- MRI Software Bugs Could Upend Years Of Research @ Slashdot
- Viewsonic uses Raspberry Pi 3 to build low-cost thin client device @ The Inquirer
- DRAM and blast it: Micron staff face axe after flash woes @ The Register
- Win a Sapphire RX 480 Nitro @ Kitguru