Lenovo has announced a new all-in-one gaming desktop, and the IdeaCentre Y910 offers up to a
7th-generation 6th-generation Intel Core i7 processor and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 graphics behind its 27-inch QHD display.
But this is no ordinary all-in-one, as Lenovo has designed the Y910 to be "effortlessly upgradeable":
"Designed to game, engineered to evolve, the IdeaCentreTM AIO Y910 is easy to upgrade –
no special tools needed. Simply press the Y button to pop out the back panel, for effortless swapping of your GPU, Memory or Storage."
The specs include a 7th-gen Intel Core i7 processor, and if that's not a typo we're talking about Intel Kaby Lake here. Specs have been corrected as 6th-gen Intel Core processors up to an i7. Exactly what SKU might be inside the Y910 isn't clear just yet, and we'll update when we know for sure. It would be limited to 65 W based on the specified cooling, and notice that the CPU isn't on the list of user-upgradable parts (though it could still be possible).
Here's a rundown of specs from Lenovo:
- Processor: Up to a 6th-generation Intel Core i7 Processor
- Graphics: Up to NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 8 GB
- Memory: Up to 32 GB DDR4
- Storage: Up to 2 TB HDD + 256 GB SSD
- Display: 27-inch QHD (2560×1440) near-edgeless
- Audio: Integrated 7.1 Channel Dolby Audio, 5W Harmon Kardon speakers
- Webcam: 720p, Single Array Microphone
- Networking: Killer DoubleShot WiFi / LAN
- Rear Ports:
- 2x USB 2.0
- HDMI-in / HDMI-out
- Side Ports:
- 3x USB 3.0
- 6-in-1 Card Reader (SD, SDHC, SDXC, MMC, MS, MS-Pro) Headphone, Microphone
- Cooling: 65 W
- Dimensions (W x L x H): 237.6 x 615.8 x 490.25 mm (9.35 x 24.24 x 19.3 inches)
- Weight: Starting at 27 lbs (12.24 kg)
Update: The IdeaCentre Y910 starts at $1,799.99 for a version with the GTX 1070, and will be available in October.