MSI has announced their newest X99 motherboard, the X99A TOMAHAWK, a premium design with a stealthy black and gray color scheme, and boasting several new features according to MSI.
"The X99A TOMAHAWK has been designed from the ground up as completely new X99 GAMING model. It comes packed with several new and unique MSI features and a fully armored IO and audio cover, harnessing optimized gaming audio and industries’ highest quality components, providing gamers with best-in-class features and protection.
Besides its stunning looks, the cover labeled with TOMAHAWK also protects against Electro Magnetic Interference and ensures pure performance and the best audio signal for your gaming rig. Heavy plated heatsinks with MSI’s unique styling, make sure your system can handle anything when and runs cool when racking up frags and climbing the leaderboards when gaming for longer periods of time."
Here's the rundown of features for the X99A TOMAHAWK, which include dual Intel NICs and USB 3.1 Gen2 support (full specs and more info available on the product page):
- Supports New Intel® Core™ i7 processors Extreme Edition in LGA 2011-3 socket
- Supports Quad Channel DDR4-3333+(OC) Memory
- DDR4 Boost: Give your DDR4 memory a performance boost
- Support lntel® Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0.
- USB 3.1 Gen2 2X FASTER: USB 3.1 Gen2 offers performance twice as fast as a regular USB 3.0 connection
- Turbo M.2 32Gb/s + Turbo U.2 32Gb/s + USB 3.1 Gen2 Type-A+C + SATA 6Gb/s
- TWIN GAMING LAN with LAN Protect, powered by Intel®: The best online gaming experience with lowest latency
- Audio Boost 3: Reward your ears with studio grade sound quality
- GAMING Hotkey: Assign macros, launch your favorite games or do real-time overclocking using a single button
- XSplit Gamecaster v2.5: 1 year free premium license to show off your skills and achievements to the world
- SteelSeries Certified: Optimized for SteelSeries gaming gear
- Military Class 5: The latest evolution in high quality components featuring the brand new Titanium Chokes
- MULTI-GPU with Steel Armor: Steel Armor PCI-E slots. Supports 3-Way NVIDIA SLI™ & AMD Crossfire™
- Click BIOS 5: Award-winning brand new Click BIOS 5 with high resolution scalable font
- GAMING CERTIFIED: 24-hour on- and offline game testing by eSports players for the best gaming experience
- USB Speed Up: for up to 30% performance improvement on USB devices
Pricing and availablity for the X99A TOMAHAWK has not been announced.