Introduction and Features
A solid unit with good performance at an attractive price.
FSP Group Inc. has been designing and building PC power supplies under their own brand since 2003. Not only do they market power supplies under their own FSP name but they are the OEM for many other big name brands. FSP’s Hydro G lineup is part of their top-tier Premium Series and currently includes three models: 850W, 750W, and 650W. Now you might be thinking “Hydro” refers to water-cooling but it does not – the Hydro G series power supplies all use conventional air cooling. The Hydro apparently refers to the Hydro Dynamic Bearing used in the cooling fan.
The power supply we have in for review is the Hydro G 850W unit. FSP developed the Hydro G Series with server grade circuitry and an advanced thermal layout. The unit comes with all modular cables and is certified to comply with the 80 Plus Gold efficiency criteria. The power supply is designed to deliver tight voltage regulation with excellent AC ripple and noise suppression. All Hydro G Series power supplies incorporate a quiet 135mm cooling fan, which starts out in silent fan-less mode and they come backed with a 5-year warranty.
FSP Hydro G Series Gold PSU Key Features:
• 650W, 750W or 850W continuous DC output @ 50°C
• Server grade circuits and advanced thermal layout
• High efficiency, 80 PLUS Gold certified =90%
• Complies with newest ATX12V & EPS12V standards
• 100% Japanese made electrolytic capacitors
• Quiet 135mm Fluid Dynamic Bearing fan
• Intelligent fan control (allows fan-less operation at low power)
• Powerfull single +12V rail design
• Fully modular with flat ribbon-style cables
• SLI and Crossfire ready
• Protections: OCP, OVP, SCP, OPP, UVP and OTP
• 5-Year Manufacturer’s warranty