Final Thoughts and Conclusions
This is the first FSP branded power supply we have reviewed in many years and the Hydro G 850W did not disappoint. It proved to be a solid unit that delivered very good performance with minimal noise and an attractive price.
The electrical performance of the Hydro G 850W PSU was very good. The unit exhibited tight voltage regulation, high efficiency (80 Plus Gold) and good AC ripple and noise suppression. The cooling fan is very quiet and the power supply operates in silent fan-less mode at low power levels. The Hydro G Series also features fully modular, flat ribbon-style cables. Our only minor complaint was the lack of a second ATX/EPS 4+4 pin cable/connector, which is pretty standard at this power level.
The FSP Hydro G offers a full complement of safety and protection features and comes backed by a 5-year warranty. Pricing is very attractive as well.
The FSP Hydro G Series power supplies should be currently available from your favorite online retailer.
• FSP Hydro G 850W $114.99 (newegg.com, September 2016)
• FSP Hydro G 750W $104.99 (newegg.com, September 2016)
• FSP Hydro G 650W $94.99 (newegg.com, September 2016)
• 650W, 750W or 850W continuous DC output @ 50°C
• High efficiency, 80 PLUS Gold certified
• Quiet 135mm Hydro Dynamic Bearing fan
• Intelligent Fan Control (allows fan-less operation at low power)
• Very good voltage regulation ±2%
• Good AC ripple and noise suppression
• Fully modular with flat ribbon-style cables
• SLI and Crossfire ready
• Protections: OCP, OVP, SCP, OPP, UVP and OTP
• 5-Year Manufacturer’s warranty
• Consumer friendly pricing
• Doesn’t include a second ATX/EPS 4+4 CPU cable/connector
FSP Hydro G 850W Power Supply
Our thanks to the FSP Group Inc. for supplying us with a review sample.