Next up in [H]ard|OCP's series of VR game testing is Downpour Interactive's Onward, currently in early access and only available on the HTC Vive. As with previous testing this is not about benchmarking the greatest GPU for the game but focuses on the experience you will have playing the game on different GPUs. Frames dropping out or lagging on a monitor is mildly annoying but can completely ruin your day when using a VR headset. This one turned out to be quite a challenge, even the GTX 1080 had significant frame reproductions.
"Downpour Interactive is the company behind the Early Access Game, Onward. It is a self-proclaimed Mil-Sim shooter title. The big thing about this is it looks to be the first VR game that has solid support for multiplayer missions. HTC Vive currently required. What video card do we need this time around for best performance?"
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Meet Titanfall 2’s New Titans @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Tricking Duck Hunt to See A Modern LCD TV as CRT @ Hack a Day
- Cyberpunk 2077 development team is CD Projekt's biggest yet @ HEXUS
- Cool Movement Tricks In Throwback Arena FPS Toxikk @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary World Tour arrives on 11th Oct @ HEXUS
- Do It Yourself With The Humble GameMaker Bundle @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN