Just as we do here at PC Perspective, The Tech Report relies on rating frame times to provide accurate benchmarks as opposed to the raw number of frames per second a card provides. This means that their look at the new DX12 patch for Deus Ex focuses on different data which does not produce the same results as FRAPs would. This shows in their results, switching to DX12 results in much longer frame times in Deus Ex, with many spikes and a significant amount of frames that take more than 50ms to refresh. Drop by to see their full look here.
"An early version of Deus Ex: Mankind Divided's DirectX 12 rendering path is available now, and many sites and AMD itself are already producing average FPS numbers using that software. We go inside the second to see what the real story is."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided – PC graphics performance @ Guru of 3D
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Review @ OCC
- Dishonored 2: Happy Hour With Corvo Attano @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Humble Store End of Summer Sale
- Wot I Think: Master Of Orion @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- CryEngine 5.3 release to add Vulkan support this November @ HEXUS
- Quick Look: The Turing Test @ GiantBomb
- Endless Space 2 Hands On: Buying Planets As The Mafia-Like Lumeris @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Battlefleet Gothic: Armada Opening Tau Beta Tomorrow @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN