Hot Dogs, Horseshoes & Hand Grenades is a VR game built on Unity which features a "Authentic ‘Murican BBQ experience with obsessively detailed grilling simulation" as well as bocce, lawn darts and hand grenade skeet shooting. [H]ard|OCP tested out the Early Access version of this Vive title on their usual GPU suspects, it is worth mentioning the i7-6950X @ 4.2GHz as well since the developer feels that CPU could also be an issue. This title continued the unfortunate trend we have seen with AMD cards, RX 480 performance lagged behind even the GTX 1060 and there were several crashes during testing. For the moment NVIDIA is enjoying unchallenged status in VR gaming, lets hope AMD can find ways to improve their offerings to compete at a price to performance level in the near future.
Don't forget to sign up for the Fragging Frogs Virtual LAN party #14 on October 29th, we are up to 46 participants so you can be guaranteed to not only have a good time but to have a wide variety of active games to choose from!
"Hot Dogs, Horseshoes & Hand Grenades is more of a firearms simulation than it is a game. H3VR certainly does have some gaming and scoring modes of play and the developer is has been very busy increasing the H3VR content depth. If you have never handled a rifle of pistol, H3VR can be somewhat daunting, but certainly rewarding."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Stellaris Gets Space Krakens and More With Leviathans @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- A first look at Star Control: Origins gameplay—prequel due for release in 2H17 @ Ars Technica
- In Tyranny, It’s Good To Be Evil @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Fantasy-Free, Choice-Heavy RPG Expeditions: Viking @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Battlefield 1 – PC graphics performance @ Guru of 3D
- Wot I Think: Shadow Warrior 2 @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary World Tour review @ The Inquirer
- Serious Sam VR Is VR At Its Most Stupid & Most Brilliant @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- TEXT GOES HERE