Final Thoughts and Conclusions
Last year when we reviewed the original 750W G2 power supply we found it delivered very good performance with minimal noise. Now EVGA has raised the bar with the new G2L Series. Voltage regulation and AC ripple suppression are better than before and the new G2L power supplies come with white LEDs in the front panel connectors, which adds a cool lighting affect if you have a case with a side window.
The EVGA 750W Supernova G2L power supply exhibited excellent voltage regulation on all of the DC outputs along with excellent AC ripple and noise suppression. The power supply features a good assortment of modular cables and delivers great efficiency, easily meeting the 80Plus Gold criteria.
The 750W G2L PSU incorporates EVGA’s ECO Thermal Control System, which allows the power supply to operate in silent, fan-less mode at low to mid power levels. The warranty period is ten years for the new GQ series. All-in-all, a very good showing for a main-stream enthusiast grade power supply.
The MSRP for the EVGA Supernova 750W G2L power supply is $129.99 USD (amazon.com, October 2016). The MSRP for the 850W G2L is $149.99 USD.
• 10-Year warranty
• 750W or 850W of Continuous DC output at up to 50°C
• White LEDs inside modular connectors on front panel
• 80 PLUS Gold certified, with up to 92% efficiency
• Clean DC outputs (low AC ripple and noise)
• Excellent voltage regulation (±2%) on the three primary outputs
• Very quiet 135mm cooling fan with ball bearings
• ECO Thermal Control allows silent, fan-less operation at low to mid power
• Good assortment of fully modular cables
• NVIDIA SLI & AMD Crossfire Ready
• All Japanese made capacitors for long life and reliability
• Hardware protections: OVP, UVP, OCP, OPP, and SCP
• Do we really need nine different EVGA 750W PSUs to choose from?
EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G2L Power Supply
Our thanks to EVGA for sending us the 750 G2L PSU to review – thank you!