Conclusion, Pricing, and Final Thoughts
- Best performing M.2 SSD Tested
- Best performing SSD Tested
- Highest available capacity in M.2 form factor
- Cost (the upcoming 960 EVO should help with that, though)
Pricing and Warranty
- 512GB – $329.99 ($0.64/GB)
- 1TB – $659.99 ($0.64/GB)
- 2TB – $1299.99 ($0.63/GB)
Warranty period is 5 years rated at 400 TBW for 512GB, 800 TBW for 1TB, and 1.2 PBW (yes, PetaBytes) for the 2TB model.
What better way to roll out a new test suite than with a product that dominates across the whole darn thing! The 960 PRO astounded us in nearly every metric – even some brand new metrics that we just implemented! In order to publish on time and with good results, we had to 'borrow' the 950 PRO driver to reach (and exceed) the stated specifications, but once we did, man is this thing fast! Nearly half a million IOPS and 3.3 GB/s reads / 2 GB/s writes from a tiny little M.2 2280 SSD. Man how far we have come in such a relatively short time!