Pool Nation VR for thr HTC Vive is an Unreal Engine 4 game and takes advantage of one of that engine's NVIDIA only features, Multi-Res Shading. This gives NVIDIA a performance advantage at high settings over AMD, though not so much that the GTX 1060 gets a recommendation from [H]ard|OCP. Unfortunately, neither thev R9 Fury X nor RX 480 managed decent performance from this game, if you want to shoot VR pool you are looking at a GTX 1070 at the very least. Check out the full review and hope that mods arrive to make the game more interesting.
"If shooting pool is a passion of yours, then Pool Nation VR should be on your list if you own an HTC Vive. Even if you are not a pool shark, this title will likely lure you in to spending many hours shooting stick. But to make it look stunning, you will need a heavy duty GPU up to the task. "
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Gears of War 4: The next gen is now—if you’re on Windows 10, at least @ Ars Technica
- Sunless Sea: How Zubmariner Lured Me In @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- One Final Gig: Duke Nukem 3D World Tour Out Today @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Gears of War 4 @ Kitguru
- The Best Witcher 3: Wild Hunt mods @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Asus RoG is giving away Mafia III with selected products @ HEXUS
- Daring Escapes feature in the latest Dishonoured 2 trailer @ HEXUS
- Zewg Wush: StarCraft II Gets Cute With StarCrafts Mod @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Fight The Future: AI War II Is Now On Kickstarter @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN