The new heatsink from Enermax has, among other things, "Circular-type LEDs" to allow you to make your cooler glow in variety of colours. It is a bit smaller than the big towers, 135x65x160mm and 860g and the performance suffers a bit as a result. The Axe is far better than a stock cooler but does not outperform the competition and is further hurt by the premium price the cooler sells for. On the other hand there are those who will pay extra for a light show, check out the review at [H]ard|OCP if you are one.
"Enermax keeps up its onslaught of CPU air cooler designs today with a tower cooler that uses five direct touch heatpipes to move all those BTUs. It has LED lighted fans along with a stealthy black exterior. Interestingly, Enermax has included a ducting system on the back in order to hopefully help better exhaust all that hot air from your CPU."
Here are some more Cases & Cooling reviews from around the web:
- Cryorig C7 Low-Profile CPU Cooler @ eTeknix
- be quiet! Silent Loop 240mm Liquid CPU Cooler @ Kitguru
- be quiet! Silent Loop 280mm AIO @ eTeknix
- Deepcool Captain 120 EX AIO @ Kitguru
- EKWB EK-XLC Predator 280 @ techPowerUp
- BitFenix Aurora Case @ Kitguru
- Cooler Master's MasterBox 5 and Zalman's Z9 Neo cases @ The Tech Report
- Raijintek Aeneas @ techPowerUp
- Thermaltake Core X71 Full Tower Review @ NikKTech