Cooler Master has been expanding their Master series to encompass cooling and enclosures, today with a pair of new lower cost heatsinks. The MasterAir Pro 3 is a $40, 92mm mini-tower while the $45 Pro 4 is a 120mm design, both of which use the X mount style of the previous Hyper 212 Evo. The Tech Report tested them on an i5-6600K and found both coolers to be somewhat more efficient at moving heat and significantly quieter than the stock Intel cooler. You won't break records but if you are looking for an inexpensive cooling solution and don't mind the mounting mechanism you should check out the full review.
"Cooler Master's MasterAir Pro 3 and MasterAir Pro 4 CPU coolers represent the latest refinements in a long line of tower-style air heatsinks from the company. We strapped them onto Intel's unlocked Core i5-6600K CPU to see how they perform."
Here are some more Cases & Cooling reviews from around the web:
- Cooler Master MasterAir Pro 3 and 4 CPU Cooler Review: Living Up to a Legacy at Modders-Inc
- Reeven Okeanos @ Modders-Inc
- Riotoro CR1080 Case Review @ Neoseeker
- Lian Li PC-Q17 Mini-ITX @ Kitguru
- DeepCool GamerStorm Genome Review @ Neoseeker