***This is your own personal Netflix seeing as how you are no longer able to access Netflix on "unofficial" devices. Check the comments for great info.**
Over at Linux.com you can find instructions on making a very inexpensive headless Plex Media Server. You will need a working PC to start up the installation by formatting an SD card and setting it up with NOOBS. A little configuration work on the Pi, linking it to your locally stored video libraries and online content such as CNN and Netflix and you have a media centre ready for use, for well under $100. Maybe you could consider making one as a gift for someone deserving. The full instructions and parts list can be found here.
"No, you don’t have to buy an expensive, bulky PC. All you need is a Raspberry Pi 3, a hard drive, an SD card and a mobile charger. It should all cost less than $100."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Google's Chromecast is causing boot-loops on some router models @ The Inquirer
- Azure glitch allowed attackers to gain admin rights over hosted Red Hat Linux instances @ The Inquirer
- Ransomware locks up San Francisco public transportation ticket machines @ Ars Technica
- 2.1Gbps speeds over LTE? That's not a typo, EE's already done it @ The Register
- iOS 10.1.1 Is Causing Battery Issues For Many iPhone Users @ Slashdot