Having already looked at AMD's performance with two RX 480's in a system, the recent patch which enables support for multiple NVIDIA GPUs have dragged [H]ard|OCP back into the game. Lacking a pair of Titan X cards, they tested the performance of a pair of GTX 1080s and 1070s; the GTX 1060 will not be receiving support from Croteam. It would seem that adding a second Pascal card to your system will benefit you, however the scaling they saw was nowhere near as impressive as with the AMD RX 480 which saw a 36% boost. Check out the full results here and yes … in this case the m in mGPU indicates multiple GPUs, not mobile.
"Serious Sam VR was the first commercial enthusiast gaming title to include multi-GPU support with AMD's RX 480 GPU. Now the folks at Croteam have added mGPU support for NVIDIA cards as well. We take a look at how well NVIDIA's VRSLI technology fares in this VR shooter title."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Watch Dogs 2 is an antidote to the grimness of GTA @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Watch Dog 2: PC graphics performance benchmarks @ Guru of 3D
- Fallout 4 Immersive Toilet Paper Mod @ [H]ard|OCP
- No Man’s Sky Foundation update: mostly about that base @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- New depths: Endless Space 2 adds new faction @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Titanfall 2’s multiplayer is having a free weekend @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Sunless Skies: less crawling back home, more exploring @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN