Imagine walking down the street, only to notice an ATM spewing money out of its slots and into a bag held by a shady looking character; but not in a video game. In at least 14 countries including Russia, the UK, the Netherlands and Malaysia, hackers are using a program dubbed Cobalt to conduct remote logical attacks on ATMs. These attacks cause the ATM to empty itself, into the waiting hands of an accomplice who only needs to show up at the appropriate time. As the attacks are conducted remotely the mule may have only the slightest connection to the hackers that compromised the banking system which makes them very hard to catch. The Inquirer has links to more information on Cobalt, unfortunately they do not have any details on fortunate times or locations to be present at.
"HACKERS HAVE MANAGED to hack cash machines so that they do what everyone who has ever used one has wanted them to do, which is just spit out cash like it was going out of fashion."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- KitGuru Reader Awards 2016 – Your Winners Revealed!
- Outlook outage outrage @ The Register
- Helm: The Kubernetes Package Manager @ Linux.com
- Netgear Orbi AC3000 Tri-Band Router @ Kitguru
- D-Link DIR-885L/R AC3150 Ultra Wi-Fi Router @ MissingRemote
- Iron Tips: Soldering Headphones and Enamel Wire @ Hack a Day
- Apple Captures Record 91 Percent of Global Smartphone Profits: Research @ Slashdot
- The Lenovo IdeaCentre Y710 Cube Gaming System Revealed @ TechARP
Going out of Style is how we
Going out of Style is how we Americans phrase it.
Stealing is wrong..Mkay. You
Stealing is wrong..Mkay. You Hacker boys get a job..Mkay…
What is right and what is
What is right and what is wrong ? The government rips you off every single day and we simply call it right. When you reverse the situation it is wrong ?. Shame on who thinks wrong is wrong and right is right.