Perhaps it is just me, but the MadCatz RAT 1 somewhat resembles that wonderful device for injuring yourself in the winter; the GT Snow Racer. The new RAT 1 is similar to the old, with a slightly higher weight, red and black highlights and as you would expect, it sports an LED. They changed the sensor to a PAW3204DB which is usually found on wireless mice, which has a maximum DPI of 1600. This proved to be a less than perfect solution as The Tech Report found it made movement predictions, great if you were planning on drawing a straight line but not good when gaming. Check out the full review here, hopefully MadCatz will offer a higher end model with a similar design and better sensor.
"MadCatz is in the middle of a top-to-bottom refresh of its RAT line of gaming mice. We tried out the entry-level rodent in the litter, the RAT 1, to see whether this $30 mouse offers gamers an affordable path to domination in their favorite titles."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Steelseries Rival 700 @ eTeknix
- Corsair Harpoon RGB Mouse @ techPowerUp
- Steelseries APEX M500 Mechanical Keyboard @ eTeknix
- ThunderX3 TK25 Membrane Gaming Keyboard @ Kitguru
- HAVIT HV-KB378L RGB Backlit Mechanical Keyboard Review @ NikKTech
- AZIO MGK1 RGB Backlit Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review @ Techgage