PC Perspective Podcast #428 – 12/8/16
Join us this week as we discuss Khronos Group, Enterprise SSDs, Water cooled cases and more!
You can subscribe to us through iTunes and you can still access it directly through the RSS page HERE.
The URL for the podcast is: https://pcper.com/podcast – Share with your friends!
- iTunes – Subscribe to the podcast directly through the iTunes Store (audio only)
- Google Play – Subscribe to our audio podcast directly through Google Play!
- RSS – Subscribe through your regular RSS reader (audio only)
- MP3 – Direct download link to the MP3 file
Hosts: Allyn Malventano, Josh Walrath, Jeremy Hellstrom
Program length: 1:13:35
- Join our spam list to get notified when we go live!
- Win a White Special Edition Corsair RM1000i Power Supply!
- Week in Review:
- 0:04:16 AUKEY KM-G3 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- 0:08:06 Thrustmaster TMX Review: Budget FFB for Xbox One and PC
- 0:15:16 Deepcool GamerStorm GENOME Liquid-Cooled Case Review
- 0:23:06 EVGA SuperNOVA 550W G3 Power Supply Review
- 0:28:01 Qualcomm and Microsoft Bring Full Windows 10 to Snapdragon Devices
- News items of interest:
- 0:32:07 Razer Joins The Khronos Group
- 0:36:54 Thermaltake Launches Water Cooling Friendly E-ATX Tower 900 Series Case
- 0:39:32 Intel Z270 Express and H270 Express Chipsets Support Kaby Lake, More PCI-E 3.0 Lanes
- 0:42:12 MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Announced on Unreal Engine 4
- 0:46:10 HP Launches Ruggedized Apollo Lake Powered Convertible Tablet For Students
- 0:47:33 Micron Launches 5100 Series Enterprise SSDs – 3D TLC up to 8TB!
- 0:52:12 WD and HGST Refresh Enterprise SSDs to Include 8TB, Push HDDs to 12TB and Beyond
- 1:02:37 NVIDIA Releases GeForce 376.19 Drivers (and Two Contests)
- 1:04:14 The Khronos Group Announces VR Standard Initiative
- Hardware/Software Picks of the Week
- Ryan: Uber, but boats … CanUber
- Jeremy: PRUSA i3 MK2 printer Store link
- Josh: Hitting low cost per GB!
- Allyn: iRoller
- http://twitter.com/ryanshrout and http://twitter.com/pcper
Subscribe to the PC Perspective YouTube Channel for more videos, reviews and podcasts!!
The Streisand Effect Is
The Streisand Effect Is Coming!
Oh no! Now it’s not legal to refrence a season’s arrival, or refrence it’s arrival in an artwork! Watch out squirrels Winter is coming! US trademarks, anyone! That’s really Nuts! HBO slaps takedown demand on 13-year-old!
” “My daughter, who happens to be autistic, was doing an art challenge called Huevember which consisted of doing a piece of art based on a different colour as you worked your way round a colour wheel,” Jonathan Wilcox, of Edwinstowe, told The Register.”(1)
“HBO slaps takedown demand on 13-year-old girl’s painting because it used ‘Winter is coming’
Shame of Thrones”
Umm … OK, but I am not
Umm … OK, but I am not getting the context?
Because the “winter is
Because the “winter is coming” phrase should not be able to be copyrighted and this media Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) is a load of crap! I guess you don’t get it becuase up there it’s winter even when it’s summer and it’s above 22.2222 ℃! So winter is all year in some parts of the great white north! Do they ever take those beaver hats off in all areas of maple leaf land during the summer!
P.S. The ART was done on a computer and posted online so a PC was involved! I’ll take a Bever Hat on my head year round compared to any of that DMCA nonsense!
P.S. The Pasquinel Brothers have a few word for you:
“Téléfrançais! Téléfrançais! Bonjour! Allô! Salut!
Téléfrançais! Téléfrançais! Lisez! Parlez avec nous!
C’est formidable! Exceptionnel!
C’est excellent! Sensationnel!
C’est merveilleux! C’est magnifique!
C’est le français fantastique!
Téléfrançais! Téléfrançais! Téléfrançais!”