I am with RPS on this one, I voted for and fully expected the Skyrim total coversion Enderal to win Mod of the year at ModdersDB. However by a slim 1% of the vote is is the Call of Pripyat total mod, Call of Chernobyl who took first place. This mod can remove the story and allow you to wander through all the maps included in Shadow of Chernobyl, Clear Sky, and Call of Pripyat, along with the various wildlife and other Stalkers. The mod also includes a variety of survival options, sleep deprivation and artifact degradation. If own Call of Pripyat you can download the mod here to find out if it as good as they say or if this is another case of Russian hackers fiddling with votes.
"Call of Chernobyl is a “freeplay” mod, which means it strips away most of the Call of Pripyat’s plot and linear progression in favour of the ability to roam anywhere and extra focus on the game’s survival elements."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- X-Wing PC remade with the modern Unity 3D Engine @ HEXUS
- Mass Effect Andromeda gets a release date (it’s March) @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Ars Technica’s best video games of 2016
- EVE Online’s free to play update might change your mind @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Valve reveals winners of the first ever Steam Awards @ HEXUS
- Shadow Warrior 2 Performance Analysis @ OCC
- The PC games of 2017 mega-preview @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- My favourite games of 2016 @ Kitguru
- Game on! The best board games of 2016 @ Ars Technica