ASUS has announced the ASUSPRO B9440, which the company claims to be "the world’s lightest 14-inch business notebook" at just 2.31 lbs.
"The sleek B9440 is designed to be both stylish and practical, using an all-metal chassis crafted from magnesium alloy — a premium material that is lighter but more rigid than standard aluminum alloy. The ergonomic keyboard has an innovative tilting design that positions it perfectly for comfortable typing.
Like all ASUSPRO business notebooks, B9440 is designed to exceed military-grade durability standards. It also passes our extra-strict ASUSPRO reliability standards, undergoing a series of tough torture tests to ensure dependable operation in any environment.
The B9440 is equipped with the new 7th-gen Intel Core (Kaby Lake) i5 and i7 U-series processors optional Intel vPro support, along with up to 16 GB onboard LPDDR3 memory and up to 512 GB SSD storage, with security features including TPM 2.0 and a fingerprint sensor.
Specifications for the ASUSPRO B9440 from ASUS:
- Processor: 7th Gen Intel Core i5/i7, with optional Intel vPro support
- Display: 14-inch Full HD wide-viewing-angle display with anti-glare coating
- Memory: 8GB/16GB LPDDR3 onboard
- Storage: Up to 512GB M.2 PCIe or M.2 SATA SSD
- 2 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-C (one port supports docking, power delivery)
- 1 x combo stereo headphone/mic port
- Wireless: 2×2 802.11ac Wi-Fi, Bluetooth
- Fingerprint sensor
- TPM 2.0 (downgradeable)
- Integrated dual-microphone array
- Harman Kardon stereo audio system
- Battery: 4-cell 48W Li-polymer
- Operating system: Windows 10 / Windows 10 Pro
- Dimensions: 12.65 x 8.51 x 0.35~0.58 inches
- Weight: 2.31 lbs
The ASUSPRO B9440 will be available in May with a retail price starting at $999.
Follow all of our coverage of the show at https://pcper.com/ces!