Corsair's new K95 RGB Platinum mechanical keyboard should not be thrown in a fit of frustration, the aircraft-grade anodized brushed aluminium body will not be what breaks upon impact. Then again it is not the body most are interested in, most prefer to focus on the Cherry nubbins and this keyboard has them! You can choose either the CHERRY MX Speed with a mere 1.2mm of travel or Cherry MX RGB Brown if you prefer to bottom out with authority.
For those who need to be brought into the light this keyboard offers more than just lighting underneath the keys, it also has a 19-zone light bar called the LightEdge at the top. All of these lighting effects are programmable through the Corsair Utility Engine, as is the functionality of the six programmable macro keys on the keyboard. For those with a more utilitarian mindset, the detachable dual-sided soft-touch wrist rest and USB pass-through port are beneficial inclusions.
You should see them available online in the very near future, with an MSRP of $199.
K95 RGB Platinum Specifications
- Aircraft-grade anodized brushed aluminum frame: Built to withstand a lifetime of gaming.
- Lightweight and rugged durability, necessary for a keyboard that’s going to see a lot of action.
- 8MB profile storage with hardware macro and lighting playback: Allow access for up to three stored profiles on the go, independent of external software.
- Dynamic multicolor per key backlighting with LightEdge: Adjust each key’s color and illumination level in addition to 19-zones on the LightEdge light bar for sophisticated and dramatic animations and effects.
- 100% CHERRY RGB mechanical key switches: Unleash blistering speed with the 1.2mm actuation of CHERRY MX Speed mechanical keyswitches, or feel the tactile feedback of Cherry MX RGB Brown keyswitches.
- Six programmable G-keys keys for in-game macros: Assign single keystrokes or complex multi-key combos to any of the six dedicated macro keys.
- USB 2.0 pass-through port: Provides convenient access to an additional USB port for your mouse or headset.
- Black or Gunmetal: Available in two distinctive anodized finishes, Black or Gunmetal. (Gunmetal initially only available in North America with Cherry MX Speed switch.)
- Detachable, dual-sided soft-touch wrist rest: The comfort to enhance your gameplay during marathon gaming sessions. Choose between two different surfaces for optimal comfort.
- Dedicated volume and multimedia controls: Control to adjust audio on the fly, without interrupting your game.
- 100% anti-ghosting with full key rollover: No matter how fast your in-game actions are, every keypress registers correctly.
- Fully programmable with CUE: Intuitive and powerful Corsair Utility Engine (CUE) enables sophisticated macro programming and fast, fluid dynamic multicolor illumination.
- Windows key lock mode: Stay focused and prevent accidental Windows and Context Menu key presses.
- FPS and MOBA keycap sets: Textured and contoured keycaps provide maximum grip and enhanced feel.
Follow all of our coverage of the show at https://pcper.com/ces!