Pavonis Interactive have come through once again for XCOM fans, with the release of the Long War 2 mod, available for download though Steam. It adds many things other than simply length to your game, such as an infiltration stage to missions which represents the amount of groundwork done by your team before the mission. If you can reach 100% then Advent forces will be at a disadvantage, if you do not have time to fully prepare you can expect to face stronger opposition. If you have enough active forces, you can choose to split them between two simultaneous mission instead of having to choose one mission while ignoring the other. If this peaks your curiosity, pop over to Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN for a deeper look into the changes this mod makes to XCOM 2.
"From the very first mission of The Long War 2, the stakes are different. Your enlarged squad isn’t doing anything as brash as blowing up an Advent statue; instead, they’ve managed to track down an under-strength patrol and are determined to take it down."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Unigine Needs Your Help Testing Out Their New Hardware Detection @ [H]ard|OCP
- Fedora vs. Ubuntu vs. openSUSE vs. Clear Linux For Intel Steam Linux Gaming Performance @ Phoronix
- Battlefield 1 They Shall Not Pass introduces the French army @ HEXUS
- The Banner Saga 3 now fluttering on Kickstarter @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Resident Evil 7 review: A new perspective, an old house, and a return to terror @ Ars Technica
- White Wolf bringing Werewolf: The Apocalypse to PC @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Wot I Think – Warhammer 40K: Sanctus Reach @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- The horror, the horror: Coppola announces Apocalypse Now video game @ Ars Technica
- Tekken 7 arrives on PC on 2nd June, PC specs revealed @ HEXUS