Someone fired out a press release a little early and MSPoweruser spotted it in time to post it. We now know the new 10nm ARM based design will include the new Kryo 280 CPU, Adreno 540 GPU, and a Hexagon DSP. We do not have specific core counts or frequencies but you can't expect everything in a single leak. Also new on this chip is the Qualcomm Haven Security Platform, offering you security baked right into the device which is a good thing when running Android. The new design is touted as offering impressively reduces power usage, a full day of talk time, five days of music playback, and 7+ hours of 4K video streaming; the Qualcomm Quick Charge 4 feature will supposedly charge five hours of battery life in five minutes.
"According to the leaked press release, Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 835 sports the Qualcomm Kryo 280 CPU (quad-core), Qualcomm Adreno 540 GPU, and Qualcomm Hexagon DSP to manage the different workloads. All of this combined together will result in a 27% increase in performance when compared to the previous generation."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- In-Memory Computing for HPC @ Linux.com
- Windows 10 fails to hit a 25 per cent market share as Windows 7 has another rebound @ The Inquirer
- Top Tech Devices from 2016 @ Hardware Secrets
- Amazon Echo Dot – A Small Device with a Lot of Punch @ Hardware Secrets
- Android was the most vulnerable operating system of 2016 @ The Inquirer
- Final reminder: Donate and you may win swag in our annual Charity Drive sweepstakes @ Ars Technica
- Trackimo Car/Marine GPS Tracker Review @ NikKTech
- Samsung's Upcoming Galaxy S8 Smartphone Could Run a PC – Report @ Slashdot
- Programmer Finds Way To Liberate Ransomware Affected Smart TV, Thanks To LG @ Slashdot