Today NVIDIA offers a new free Ubisoft game for those picking up a GTX 1070, GTX 1080 or a system containing one or more of those cards. You can choose either For Honor, an arena stlye game pitting Knights, Samurai and Vikings in hand to hand combat or Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands which will lie somewhere between Arma and Just Cause. Neither game is yet released, For Honor arrives February 14th while Ghost Recon Wildlands doesn't launch until March 7th but you can get an early look at the game.
NVIDIA has also made the process to collect your game somewhat easier, as long as your GeForce and Ubisoft accounts are linked you can simply enter the code to chose your free game. If you are one to avoid Uplay at all costs you could always give your code away as a gift.
"We are also debuting a new easier way to redeem codes through GeForce Experience, it means customers no longer have to tolerate long sign up webpages but can simply enter their code within GeForce Experience itself and have their choice of game automatically added to their Uplay account."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Magnetic skyrmion 'brain' connections save energy @ Nanotechweb
- Flashy Intel sees the XPoint of solid state @ The Register
- Microsoft rumoured to be remixing Windows RT as Windows Cloud @ The Inquirer
- Android 7.1.2 beta release signals end of life for the Nexus 6 and Nexus 9 @ The Inquirer
- IPv6 for Server Admins and Client Developers @ Linux.com
- 'It's Tricky': Apple Misses the Deadline To Pay $13.9 Bn To Ireland in Illegal Tax Benefit @ Slashdot