Remember Aero Glass? Remember anyone that used it? Well, it will be back in Redstone 3, the Windows 10 update after the upcoming update, or at least that is what The Inquirer has been told. The headlines screaming that this is whole new Windows are a little far fetched, this is a work in progress GUI update, which one person describe as looking similar to the old Windows 8 mobile interface. We don't have much more detail apart from the fact that once again Microsoft will be messing with the way their OS looks, again. It can't always be a disaster, can it?
"Project Neon, the UI upgrade for Windows 10 has had its first leak courtesy of MSPowerUser, and it's absolutely gorgeous, even if you're a Windows cynic. Probably because it looks more like Google's Material Design for Android than ever."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Here's a world-exclusive first look at Gigabyte's AM4 mobos @ The Tech Report
- Microsoft Plans Big Reorganization Of Partner and Services Groups Starting Feb 1 @ Slashdot
- Norway To Become First Country To Switch Off FM Radio @ Slashdot
- Hands On With The First Open Source Microcontroller @ Hack a Day
- Google's January Android patch packet tackles Qualcomm and Linux vulnerabilities @ The Inquirer
- Windows PC spy nasty dormant for three years, mutates and resurfaces @ The Register
- 2016 – the year 3D XPoint came down to earth from Planet Hype @ The Register