Final Thoughts and Conclusions
OK, we’re impressed – again! One of our main goals in this review was to compare three different PRIME Titanium power supplies and see how closely their numbers lined up. Large discrepancies from one unit to another can indicate a poor design and/or manufacturing. A close correlation can be a good indicator of high quality. Well, the Seasonic PRIME 650W, 750W and 850W Titanium power supplies did not disappoint. The data was so close it almost seemed like we were testing the same unit three different times. Seasonic has certainly set the performance bar high!
Seasonic’s PRIME Titanium power supplies continue to excel in every way throughout our testing. We stated earlier this year that the Prime 750W Titanium was the best power supply we have tested to date. We can now extend that claim to the entire PRIME Titanium Series! So let’s look at what “best” means to us. Here is a brief checklist of the various areas we expect a PSU to perform and deliver. In each case the PRIME Titanium Series power supplies met or exceeded our expectations.
• Tight voltage/load regulation (=0.5% is outstanding)
• Excellent AC ripple and noise suppression – check
• High efficiency – it doesn’t get any better than 80 Plus Titanium
• Selectable fanless fan control mode – check
• Very quiet, high quality FDB fan – check
• Fully or semi-modular cable design – check
• Flat ribbon-style and/or sleeved cables – check
• High-quality components and excellent build quality – check
• At least a 5-year warranty (10-Years is outstanding)
Once again, the electrical performance of the three PRIME Titanium Series PSUs was spectacular. What really stands out is the super-tight voltage regulation (thanks to Seasonic’s Micro Tolerance Load Regulation), 80 Plus Titanium efficiency and excellent AC ripple and noise suppression. And we really like the ability to choose whether or not to run in fanless mode or not (I personally like to have the fan spinning at all times to keep a little air moving). The PRIME Titanium Series also features fully modular, flat ribbon-style cables and a large, quiet cooling fan with a Fluid Dynamic Bearing.
In addition to stellar performance, the PRIME Titanium Series power supplies offer a full complement of safety and protection features. And Seasonic even tricked out the enclosure a little by adding a chrome-plated fan grill.
• 650W, 750W or 850W continuous DC output
• Ultra-high efficiency, 80 PLUS Titanium certified
• Micro-Tolerance Load Regulation (MTLR)
• Top-quality 135mm Fluid Dynamic Bearing fan
• Premium Hybrid Fan Control (allows fanless operation at low power)
• Superior AC ripple and noise suppression (under 20 mV)
• Extended Hold-up time (above 30 ms)
• Fully modular cabling design
• Multi-GPU technologies supported
• Gold-plated high-current terminals
• Protections: OPP,OVP,UVP,SCP,OCP and OTP
• 10-Year Manufacturer’s warranty
• Close spacing of connectors on front panel can make disconnecting cables a little difficult for people with large fingers
Seasonic PRIME Titanium Series Power Supplies
And once again, our thanks to Seasonic for designing such a capable power supply and sending us two more units to review!