inXile have been very busy recently, doing a stellar job at resurrecting Wasteland into a new, modern RPG which is soon to see its third incarnation released. The long anticipated Torment: Tides of Numenara arrives at the end of this month, the beta has been a tantalizing taste as was the YouTube 'choose your own adventure' teaser. There is another project they have been working on, bringing the old Bard's Tale gaming into the modern era. A trailer showing in-game footage, including combat has just been release which you can see over at Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN. It certainly doesn't look like the Bard's Tale of old!
"On the game HUD, you can see your party occupying 2 rows of 4 spaces each. Enemies will line up on the opposite grid with the same number of slots. The exact positioning of enemies, as well as your own party, will determine which attacks can land, and which will swing wild past their mark."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Necromunda has bullet casings the size of tower blocks @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Starship Commander VR game is purely voice controlled @ HEXUS
- Skyblivion looks even more like Oblivion rebuilt in Skyrim @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- The Radeon FreeSync 2 HDR Gaming Tech Report @ TechARP
- The Surge brings limb-theft to the Dark Souls party @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Stellaris: Utopia expansion to blast off with Banks update @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN