Dawn of War certainly changes from version to version. The first involved standard RTS fare, build bases and upgrade using resources collected on the map. The second was more squad based, with a hero leading meatshields into the fray. The third incarnation seems to lead off of the gameplay of the second, with at least some base and resource management making a comeback.
The new feature are superunits, extremely large and destructive units which you will gain access to as you take over portions of the map. Details are still a bit light but the game engine certainly looks pretty. You can pop by Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN to find a few of the other older teaser trailers.
"This cinematic-o-gameclip video introduces the broad story in Relic’s RTS and yes, it does basically boil down to finding a pointy stick. But what better item to fight over? If you can win a fight without a pointy stick, just imagine how powerful you’ll be once you get one!"
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Humble Civ Bundle
- Half-Life 2: Episode 3 creator reflects on reception, one year after release @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Horizon Zero Dawn is the best robot-safari adventure game ever made @ Ars Technica
- Total Warhammer shows off free Bretonnia faction DLC @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Valve's Gabe Newell Says Only 30 SteamVR Apps Have Made $250,000+ @ Slashdot
- Let’s chatter over… Prey @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Sniper Elite 4: Performance Analysis @ techPowerUp
- Pew pew! Mass Effect Andromeda trailer details combat @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN