Many users of Hotmail, Outlook and Skype are finding themselves unable to log in to their accounts and some are complaining about access to their XBox accounts. The problem is being described as an authentication issue, something that users of Exchange Online are all too familiar with. Microsoft is currently working on a solution and the incident count on Down Detector seems do have dropped in the past few hours but there are still some problems. The professional side also seems to be suffering as well, with several performance issues effecting a variety of services. If you are one of those currently suffering, you can follow the link from The Register to report it on Down Detector, if you wish.
"Naturally, users of Microsoft's cloud services have taken to Twitter and Reddit to moan about the downtime, with some complaining that Xbox online services have also been hit by the downtime."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Where minimum-FPS figures mislead, frame-time analysis shines @ The Tech Report
- AMD Naples: 32-core Zen-based SoC takes the fight to Intel Xeon @ The Inquirer
- Nintendo Switch Owners Complain About Dead Pixels, Nintendo Says They're 'Normal' @ Slashdot
- Chatbot that Overturned 160,000 Parking Fines Now Helping Refugees Claim Asylum @ Slashdot
- Spam-slinging outfit leaks 1.37 billion email addresses after failed backup @ The Inquirer
- Watt the f… Dim smart meters caught simply making up readings @ The Register
- RadioShack bankruptcy savior to file for, you guessed it, bankruptcy @ The Register