We have some good news from several companies about compatibility with that AM4 board you are hoping to set up. NXZT have announced a program in which you can request a free AM4 mounting kit for your Kraken X62, X52, X42, X61, X41 or Kraken X31. Just follow this link to apply for one, they will ship world wide starting on the 15th of March. You will need to provide proof of purchase of both your AM4 motherboard and Kraken cooler.
Fractal Design have a similar offer for owners of of their Kelvin series of coolers. You can email their Support team for a bracket for your Kelvin T12, S24 or S36, make sure to attach proof of purchase of either a Ryzen processor or AM4 board.
Scythe is doing things a litle differently. If you reside in Europe, they are offering free mounting kits to owners of their Mugen 5 cooler, simply reach out them via this link, again attaching a receipt for the cooler and either a Ryzen CPU or AM4 motherboard. Owners of a Katana 3 or 4, Kabuto 3, Shuriken Rev. B, Tatsumi “A”, Byakko, or Iori cooler need not even go through that process, your coolers mount is already compatible. For owners of other coolers you can reach out to Scythe via the previous link to order a bracket for 3,99€, to ship out sometime in May or later. We will let you know when we hear from the NA branch.
"Coinciding with the new AMD Zen-based Ryzen CPUs, and the new AM4 socket, NZXT will be providing a free retention bracket for all current Kraken users. NZXT believes in providing high-quality components to our customers, in addition to exceptional customer service no matter where they reside and we will continue that support alongside the launch of Ryzen."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Netflix Uses AI in Its New Codec To Compress Video Scene By Scene @ Slashdot
- IBM inexplicably granted patent for 'Out of Office' because FFS @ The Inquirer
- The day after 'S3izure', does anyone feel like moving to the cloud? @ The Register
- Nintendo Switch Game Cartridges Taste Awful @ [H]ard|OCP
- Online shops plundered by bank card-stealing malware after bungling backend Aptos hacked @ The Register
- TSMC seeking stake in Toshiba chip business to expand into 3D NAND sector @ DigiTimes
- SSD push for Seagate to complement its HDD business @ DigiTimes
- Some hateful human has brought Microsoft Clippy to Google Chrome for no reason @ The Inquirer
- Business Foxconn 'very confident' of buying Toshiba's NAND business @ The Register