It is a lesson which is learned anew by every wave of new adopters, installing something brand new can lead to unexpected problems. In this particular case it is the Windows 10 Creators Update, some of those who have manually updated are now in a Vista-like driver conundrum. There is a method behind Microsoft's madness, they are pushing out the updates to systems they have vetted first and slowly expanding their scope as issues come to light and are resolved, more or less. If you are doing a fresh install you may end up with several devices which are not functioning properly, if you are manually updating you may find yourself without a working machine. Patience can be a virtue, especially when it comes to Windows 10. The Inquirer has some rather pointed commentary here.
"IF YOU'RE as excited as Microsoft are about the Creators Update to Windows 10, we've got some bad news. The company is warning people not to jump the gun and install it themselves, despite having made the disc image available to download."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- John McAfee announces the Chuck Norris of privacy phones @ The Inquirer
- Unplug the Bitcoin miner and do us all a favour: Antminer has remote shutdown flaw @ The Register
- Yeah, keep buying those SSDs, grins Seagate: Your data will be on our disks eventually, muaha @ The Register
- Hackers Exploited Word Flaw For Months While Microsoft Investigated @ Slashdot
- Come celebrate World Hypocrisy Day @ The Register
- Linksys WRT3200ACM AC3200 MU-MIMO Gigabit Wi-Fi Router Review @ NikKTech