Over at HEXUS you can sit back and watch a video of Robert Duffy from id Software discuss the potential of AMD's Ryzen processors in the next generation of game engines, with some hints about Vega. He is confident that the team at id will be able to utilize the large core counts of Ryzen processors to enable great performance in 4K and even 8K with the new engine. He specifically mentioned "framerate improvements, improved realism, and improved AI in games – all from the extra cores and threads available."
They were not able to tease any secret information from him, but the video is worth watching for both those interested in Ryzen or looking for information on what is next from id Software.
"AMD has published a video interview with id Software's CTO (Chief Technical Officer), Robert Duffy. Unsurprisingly the interview talks up the capabilities and potential of AMD Ryzen tech in gaming engines, and in particular in the next generation id tech currently in development."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Forza Horizon 3 Hot Wheels Youtube trailer
- Phoenix Point is now crowdfunding: we spoke to Julian Gollop about standing out in a post-XCOM world @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Windows 10 Creators Update vs. Ubuntu 17.04 Linux Radeon Gaming Performance @ Phoronix
- Zelda remake turns BOTW into a free-to-play PC game @ The Inquirer
- Wot I Think: Everything @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- VR Mech’s Missing Link: The Phone in Your Pocket @ Hack a Day
- Wot I Think: Warhammer 40,000 – Dawn of War 3 @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Call of Duty: WW2 trailer shows off, y’know, WW2 stuff @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN