Over at HEXUS you can sit back and watch a video of Robert Duffy from id Software discuss the potential of AMD's Ryzen processors in the next generation of game engines, with some hints about Vega. He is confident that the team at id will be able to utilize the large core counts of Ryzen processors to enable great performance in 4K and even 8K with the new engine. He specifically mentioned "framerate improvements, improved realism, and improved AI in games – all from the extra cores and threads available."
They were not able to tease any secret information from him, but the video is worth watching for both those interested in Ryzen or looking for information on what is next from id Software.
"AMD has published a video interview with id Software's CTO (Chief Technical Officer), Robert Duffy. Unsurprisingly the interview talks up the capabilities and potential of AMD Ryzen tech in gaming engines, and in particular in the next generation id tech currently in development."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Forza Horizon 3 Hot Wheels Youtube trailer
- Phoenix Point is now crowdfunding: we spoke to Julian Gollop about standing out in a post-XCOM world @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Windows 10 Creators Update vs. Ubuntu 17.04 Linux Radeon Gaming Performance @ Phoronix
- Zelda remake turns BOTW into a free-to-play PC game @ The Inquirer
- Wot I Think: Everything @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- VR Mech’s Missing Link: The Phone in Your Pocket @ Hack a Day
- Wot I Think: Warhammer 40,000 – Dawn of War 3 @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Call of Duty: WW2 trailer shows off, y’know, WW2 stuff @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
> Ryzen shine
> Ryzen shine
I already used up the cereal
I already used up the cereal ones!
Who cares about Ryzen when
Who cares about Ryzen when Intel’s offerings will ALWAYS be better? Oh, poor people perhaps, but they’re input is largely unimportant anyway. ID makes crap too, not a single one of their titles or products have been worthwhile. Generally curious how the even manage to stay in business. Hope they never see a dime from that Facebook/Oculus troll suit too. What a bunch of peasants. No wonder they sucking AMD dick. Poor people suck.
Its hard to parse this with
Its hard to parse this with all the nonsensical BS that’s in the way.
At least put some effort into
At least put some effort into your trolling.
It’s as satisfying to push
It's as satisfying to push block either way.
wow you sound bitter that AMd
wow you sound bitter that AMd finally stepped up to intel. But can you explain the hidden secret to why intel has pushed companies to worry about single core operations? We are in a multi core world.