[H]ard|OCP decided it was time to test out the real world performance of AMD's Ryzen 7 1700 and did so with the programs most likely to be used … games. They tested 10 different games, from The Witcher 3 through DOOM at resolutions of 4K, 1440p, and 1080p. The GPU installed on systems will vary which is why they included GTX 1080 Ti, 1080 and 1060 along with the RX 480 both in single GPU and Crossfire configurations. Check out the full review to see how the Ryzen chip compares to the performance of Intel's 2600K and 7700K.
"With our AMD Ryzen 7 overclocked to 4GHz we find out if this is a competitive real-world gaming CPU or not. We compare it with two overclocked Intel 7700K and 2600K systems across six different video card configurations at 4K, 1440p, and 1080p to find out which CPU provides the best gameplay experience using playable game settings."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Star Trek: Bridge Crew drops out of hyperspace @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- RiME game review: An unforgettable memorial vacation @ Ars Technica
- Far Cry 5 trailer reveals doomsday cult, planes, bears & 2018 release date @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Hackers jailbreak permanent mods onto Super Mario World save files @ Ars Technica
- 13 recent games that run well on terrible laptops @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Humble Game On Bundle