[H]ard|OCP were at AMD's launch of the new EPYC family of server CPUs and captured the presentation and slide deck in a series of photos you can take a look at right here. They cover the work being done with HP and Dell, as well as with internet service providers such as Microsoft's Azure platform and China's Baidu. They even give you a look at some of the products which will be launched running on Supermicro platforms. AMD is looking very attractive to server builders at the moment, a feeling you may already have garnered from reading Ryan's take on EPYC.
"AMD held it official EPYC enterprise CPU launch today in Austin, TX. If you are not aware of EPYC, it is quite simply AMD's effort to get back into the datacenters that are now firmly held by Intel Xeon processors. What do you get when you take 4 Ryzen 7 CPUs and put those down on a single package with Infinity Fabric? You would be correct, its EPYC."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- AMD's Epyc 7000-series CPUs @ The Tech Report
- AMD EPYC Architecture & Technical Overview @ techPowerUp
- Samsung's 'Magician' for SSDs can let crims run evil code @ The Register
- Acer's mixed reality Windows headset is a thrill ride standing still @ The Inquirer
- The 2017 ASUS ZenBook & VivoBook Laptops Revealed @ TechARP
- Microsoft says Skype outages are over – a few hours too early @ The Register
- Reolink RLC-411WS Wireless Security Camera Review @ OCC
- Arozzi Verona Pro V2 Gaming Chair Review @ NikKTech