Introduction and Features
TX Series refresh with very good performance.
(Courtesy of Corsair)
Corsair recently refreshed their TX Series power supplies which now include four new models: the TX550M, TX650M, TX750M, and TX850M. The new TX-M Series sits right in the middle of Corsair’s PC power supply lineup and was designed to offer efficient operation and easy installation. Corsair states the TX-M Series power supplies provide industrial build quality, 80 Plus Gold efficiency, extremely tight voltages and come with a semi-modular cable set. In addition, the TX-M Series power supplies use a compact chassis measuring only 140mm deep and come backed by a 7-year warranty.
We will be taking a detailed look at the TX-M Series 750W power supply in this review.
Corsair TX-M Series PSU Key Features:
• 550W, 650W, 750W, and 850W models
• Server-grade 50°C max operating temperature
• 7-Year warranty
• 80 PLUS Gold certified
• All capacitors are Japanese brand, 105°C rated
• Compact chassis measures only 140mm (5.5”) deep
• Quiet 120mm cooling fan
• Semi-modular cable set
• Comply with ATX12V v2.4 and EPS 2.92 standards
• 6th Generation Intel Core processor Ready
• Full suite of protection circuits: OVP, UVP, SCP, OPP and OTP
• Active PFC with full range AC input (100-240 VAC)
• MSRP for the TX750M is $99.99 USD
Here is what Corsair has to say about the new TX-M Series power supplies: “TX Series semi-modular power supplies are ideal for basic desktop systems where low energy use, low noise, and simple installation are essential. All of the capacitors are 105°C rated, Japanese brand, to insure solid power delivery and long term reliability. 80 Plus Gold efficiency reduces operating costs and excess heat. Flat, sleeved black modular cables with clearly marked connectors make installation fast and straightforward, with good-looking results."