We first heard about the Toshiba XG5 1TB NVMe SSD at Computex, with its 64 layer BiCS flash and stated read speeds of 3GB/s, writes just over 2 GB/s. Today Kitguru published a review of the new drive, including ATTO results which match and even exceed the advertised read and write speeds. Their real world test involved copying 30GB of movies off of a 512GB Samsung 950 Pro to the XG5, only Samsung's new 960 lineup and the OCZ RD400 were able to beat Toshiba's new SSD. Read more in their full review, right here.
"The Toshiba XG5 1TB NVMe SSD contains Toshiba's newest 3D 64-Layer BiCS memory and our report will examine Toshiba's newest memory, as well as their newest NVMe controller to go along with it."
Here are some more Storage reviews from around the web:
- Toshiba N300 8TB HDD @ Kitguru
- Kingston Gold Series UHS-1 Speed Class 3 64GB MicroSDXC @ Modders-Inc
- Kingston DataTraveler Ultimate GT 2TB USB 3.1 Gen 1 Flash Drive Review @ NikKTech
- Drobo 5D3 DAS Review (Thunderbolt 3) @ Kitguru
- LaCie 2TB Rugged Thunderbolt USB-C Professional All-Terrain Mobile Storage Review @ NikKTech