Like many gamers you likely have very fond memories of the original Deus Ex and have replayed the first level in the last few years, only to abandon it because it really isn't that pretty compared to what you are used to. This could change as of today, with the official release of the Give Me Deus Ex mod. Not only do the textures and lighting effects look much better, there are a variety of bug fixes and AI enhancements to make the game more interesting. You will need the GoTY Edition of the first Deus Ex, grab it from Steam or GOG depending on your preference. Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN has links to the ModDB download page as well as a link to the Deus Ex: Revision mod, a different non-compatible projects which adds extra gameplay features.
Take a peek at the Humble Bundle link just below the video as well, it is a decent bargain and you help us keep the lights on too!
"After years of development, the overhaul mod Give Me Deus Ex has launched its final version. GMDX shakes things up with more-advanced AI for a tougher challenge, improved mantling for agile Dentons, expanded physics for fancier mayhem, and new textures and bits for people who say “Ew, is that a pixel?”"
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Capcom Rising @ Humble Bundle
- Wot I Think: Diablo III – Rise of the Necromancer @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Diablo 3: Rise of the Necromancer review—roll them bones @ Ars Technica
- Lost source code might rule out Icewind Dale II: Enhanced Edition @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- DiRT 4 Review @ OCC
- Watch a whole load of XCOM 2: War of the Chosen @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN