Over at [H]ard|OCP is a painful walk down memory lane for those who have been working with computer components for the last few decades, specifically the worst five motherboards they have reviewed. It is a reminder to those who lived through this time and perhaps an eye opener for those who are only now encountering things such as RAM incompatibility. It is somewhat of a surprise that the ALi based A7A-266, with its hybrid RAM controller which allowed you to have issues with both SDRAM and DDR as well as the need to use a graphite pencil or conductive ink to adjust settings as the DIP switches were not present on all boards.
"We have been reviewing motherboards here at HardOCP for about 20 years now. And in that time, many have been flush with horrible features and bugs of all kinds. Dan takes a stroll down a very painful memory lane and rehashes his top five..as instructed by his therapist. Let it out Dan…let it out."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Windows 10 is no longer supported on some Intel Atom 2-in-1 devices @ The Inquirer
- Microsoft Yanks Three Bad Patches Of Their Last Outlook Patch @ Slashdot
- PLC vs Arduino Show Down @ Hack A Day
- HTC grovels after serving up keyboard ads to some users @ The Inquirer
- The 2017 HP Spectre x360 With Active Pen Revealed! @ TechARP