Corsair will be hosting a Charity Gaming Marathon on July 29th, livestreamed on Twitch and kicking off at 9AM Pacific. All donations will go to the Save the Children, an international charity which helps children across the globe get off to a healthy start in life. Corsair will be matching every dollar donated, up to a total of $25,000. The event will pit two teams against each other in a variety of MOBA, RTS and first person shooters; when donating you can chose which team you support and can cheer them on and choose some challenges they need to overcome.
During the event there will be giveaways of gear as certain donation goals are reached including GLAIVE RGB mice, VOID USB headsets, and MM800 RGB POLARIS mouse mats. If the $25K mark is reached Corsair will be giving away a ONE SFF gaming machine.
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- FTC Probing Allegations of Amazon's Deceptive Discounting @ Slashdot
- Dahua cameras stung by Web interface bug @ The Register
- Gigabyte, MSI achieve record graphics card shipments in June, says paper @ DigiTimes
- Surface Laptop is just a laptop, making it Microsoft’s most baffling release yet @ Ars Technica
- Crazy bug of the week: Gnome Files' .MSI parser runs evil VBScripts @ The Register
- Google Updates: Glass 2, Note 8, SMB3 @ The Inquirer
- For the First Time, Microsoft Got More Revenue From Office 365 Subscriptions Than From Traditional Office Software Licensing @ Slashdot