Acer's new mixed reality headset, is now available from the Microsoft Store. The $300 price tag compares extremely favourably to the $3000 Hololens that Microsoft is selling. The two headsets will both run on Windows Holographic and will have steep hardware requirements. Acer recommends a Ryzen 8 1700 or Core i7 paired with at least an RX 480 or GTX 980 and 16GB of RAM. The headset will not be able to overlay virtual images over real objects, hence the mixed reality moniker, rather it will be somewhat like a VR environment to work in. Drop by The Inquirer for a peek.
"The headset we tested in prototype last month is available to anyone looking to build content for it, for $300 a squirt. It had been made available in private beta to some devs back in April but now it's in the Microsoft Store."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Arozzi Vernazza Gaming Chair @ [H]ard|OCP
- IBM and Sony Cram Up To 330 Terabytes Into Tiny Tape Cartridge @ Slashdot
- Mozilla launches Firefox Send for up to 1GB file self-destruct file sharing @ The Inquirer
- HP Inc reveals dockable, wearable VR workstation for the office @ The Register
- Dirty carbon nanotubes offer telcos chance at secure quantum comms @ The Register
- NikKTech With Antec & Razer End Of Summer Giveaway