A new video showing off Pillars of Eternity 2 game play was posted over at Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN. It focuses on a town called Nekataka which you will be exploring in the sequel to the popular RPG. Sailing will also be a large part of the game, not just for fast travel as there will also be naval combat, a feature with a troubled history in gaming. There is still no specific release date for the game, only that it will launch in 2018. It is fully funded but you can still get backer bonuses if you head to their Fig page and donate.
"How pleasing it is, then, to see precisely the kind of big old city I want to visit in the latest update video. It’s called Neketaka, a name I will always enjoy saying out loud but will almost certainly mangle the vowels of every time I write it down."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Sunless Skies blasts off into early access on August 30 @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- How Gone Home’s creators rewound time to find their sci-fi future @ Ars Technica
- A postcard from the perverted America of Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Green Man Gaming's sale continues
- Total Warhammer getting extra units to celebrate Creative Assembly’s 30th birthday @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN