Linksys has announced a router that they say is 'built purely for gaming' with the WRT32X, an AC3200 router with a 1.8 GHz dual-core processor and built-in Killer Prioritization Engine.
"The WRT32X takes gaming to the next level. The router built purely for gaming features AC3200 speed and the Killer Prioritization Engine. The Killer Prioritization Engine identifies, prioritizes and accelerates gaming network traffic above all other devices in your home to deliver a faster, superior gaming experience. The Killer-enabled WRT32X also synchronizes with Killer-enabled PCs to give gaming traffic the highest priority on your network. Turning the Killer Engine on protects from extreme lag spikes and reduces lag by 77%, delivering consistent and superior reaction time during intense gaming scenarios."
Linksys lists the features of the WRT32X as follows:
- 1.8 GHz CPU: Dual-Core promotes simultaneous high-speed data processing.
- Pro-grade Gigabit Ethernet Switch: Gigabit (10/100/1000) is 10X faster than Fast Ethernet.
- Dual-Band (2.4 + 5 GHz): N600 + AC2600 Mbps.
- Killer Prioritization Engine: The first router that prioritizes gaming.
- Advanced Security: WPA2 encryption and SPI rewall help keep your network safely connected.
- Customized Gaming Interface: Custom-built interface and firmware for gaming traffic control.
- 256MB Flash and 512MB of RAM Memory: Handle more without delay for optimal performance.
- 4 High-Performance Antennas: Engineered to enhance dual-band communication; four external, adjustable antennas ensure supreme Wi-Fi signal strength.
- eSATA, USB 3.0, and USB 2.0 Ports: Share content via an external storage device with ultra-fast data transfer speeds. USB 3.0 delivers enhanced performance over USB 2.0; eSATA delivers optimal data transfer speeds from external SATA drives and accommodates USB 2.0.
The WRT32X carries an MSRP of $329.99, with availability TBA.