Pavonis Interactive, the development team behind the wonderfully torturous Long War mods for the new X-COM series sat down with Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN to talk about their current project, a full game entitled Terra Invicta. It will encompass the defence of Earth against an alien invasion force, similar to X-COM but will be their first game designed from the ground up with a Kickstarter campaign soon to get underway. With two huge and impressive mods under their belt, the team should have what it takes to make this game very interesting. For instance, they plan to have the battlefield encompass not just Earth, but to allow you to eventually take the fight to the stars. Check out the full interview here.
“It’s a little like what you might imagine the XCOM spokesman’s job to be,” Pavonis head John Lumpkin tells me, “trying to unify Earth’s nations against an alien threat.” And then it moves to cover the entire solar system."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn activated today @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Valve culls almost 200 games from Steam in 'fake' content crackdown @ The Inquirer
- Wot I Think: Total War – Warhammer 2 @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- EA shares lengthy Star Wars Battlefront II trailer @ HEXUS
- Cool coats, comedy copulation and cyber-cats – Wolfenstein: The New Colossus wants to do everything @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Elite Dangerous' mysterious aliens have just declared war @ PC Gamer
- Things I want to celebrate about Divinity: Original Sin II @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- SNES Classic review @ Polygon
- Immersive sim Consortium: The Tower hits early access @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN